Monday, June 26, 2006

I wish to be immortal......

This was one of my first poems...and one of my all-time favorites! What I wish to convey by this poem is not just my wish........I think consciously or unconsciously, everyone wishes to be famous and known, to be remembered by the world for their great deeds and achievements.....as a famous piece of advice goes, "When you come into this world, you are crying and everyone around is smiling; Make sure you live your life in such a way that when you die, you are the one smiling and everyone around you is crying!"
In other words, you should lead by example......Live in a manner that people after you wish to replicate..........leave behind a legacy that people from different generations relate.......it should be the ultimate aim of everyone to be known by their deeds, rather than simply by their name. What I mean by name is an identity that is given to us by our parents and our family. But our deeds are our very own and it is the deeds which comprise the elements that actually design our identity.......
So all I wish to say that this poem is my ULTIMATE aim in life.......a goal above all other goals, a desire superior to all other desires, an ambition far beyond the achievable but what is life if not making possible the impossible!!! As the ADIDAS tag-line goes.........."Impossible is Nothing"!! As I always say, Aim for the moon....even if you miss, you'll land among the stars........immortality through my deeds is my "aim for the moon"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hope this poem, which is one of my personal favorites among my literary works, rings a chord with all of you and reinforces your faith in the notion of Immortality, which is not really a perception, but a ground reality!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I wish to be Immortal…

In a world of mortals,
I wish to be immortal;
Not in physical form or structure,
But in the heart and soul of the future.

In the wave of the development in the world,
I wish to play a significant role;
To be remembered for my deeds,
When I’m no more.

In the midst of all the unrest in the world,
I wish to console the disturbed millions;
So that I’m remembered for my words,
Which folks may quote after years.

In my heart,
I wish not to be a nobody;
Where I stand today,
I’m in transition – To Somebody.

I know the day is not far,
When my motive shall be acomplished;
When I shall be known not by my name,
But by the deeds that will have gotten me fame!!!

Later now....from slo, this is tally-ho!

No comments: